WORKING WITH ANY GROUP IS BOTH A SCIENCE AND AN ART.
WE INVITE YOU TO JOIN OUR INTENSIVE ONLINE TRAINING.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO ASSIST TEAMS NAVIGATE TOUGH CHALLENGES WITH EASE.
The Art of Facilitation is an intensive in-depth online facilitation training. You will learn practical & experiential methods developing your abilities to facilitate any group virtually and in person. It is based on the newly revised, internationally recognized book, The Art of Facilitation co-written by the programme leader, Anne Bailey. you will participate in a learning laboratory which bring the concepts to life. Our approach is person-centered and embodied. The philosophy and attitudes of facilitation are balanced with the necessary skills and techniques. You will practice facilitation, be coached and receive feedback when you facilitate the group (Group size limited to 10 people.)
- The course text “The Art of Facilitation”
- A handbook
- Pre-course and Post-course interviews
- Four 1-1 coaching sessions (30 minutes) with the course leaders
After the programme
- The opportunity to develop as a programme leader
- Membership to an Alumni group for continual support
- A graduation certificate
Times and Dates
- 3 hour intensive sessions
- Mondays & Fridays
- November 2nd till November 25th
- Mondays – 6pm till 9pm NZT (4pm till 7pm Sydney)
- Fridays – 9am till 12pm NZT (7am till 10am Sydney)
“Effective group facilitation is an artful dance requiring rigorous discipline. The role of the facilitator offers an opportunity to dance with life on the edge of a sword. To be present and aware. To be with and for people in a way that cuts through to what enhances and fulfils life. A facilitator is a peaceful warrior.”
– from THE ART OF FACILITATION
A practical course for coaches team leaders, managers, trainers, coordinators, people facilitating groups and experienced group participants.
- Understand the philosophy of facilitation and the role of a facilitator
- Identify and clarify an aligned group purpose
- Generate a safe and empowering group culture
- Recognize the development cycles of any group
- Maintain presence in a group, with self and others
- Recognize and work with different energy levels in a group
- Gain practical understanding of the different types of decision making. How to use them to share power in a group
- Effective tools for meetings
- Be able to use a wide variety of processes and interventions with a group
Comments from participants
“An essential and valuable course for implementing and managing organisational change. I discovered proven, effective facilitation techniques and processes to inspire and create a strong group culture” – Leanne Fleming, Visual communication consultant
“It widened my understanding of the depth of the role of a facilitator. I learnt a lot about the importance of energy levels of groups” – Nicole Arthur, Agile Coach
“What a revolution in thinking….giving power back to where it belongs. This has had the effect of gently graduating me from rudiments of a dictatorial catalyst to the subtle refinement of a philharmonic conductor. A breath taking demonstration of flawless facilitation in action” – Rachel Taylor, Business coach
“The course has provided me with great clarity around the role of a facilitator and enabled me to take great advances in my ability.” Stephen Harrison, Consultant
“I was fortunate to have been a participant in The Art of Facilitation. I am a Scrum Master / Agile coach and have done a significant number of facilitations. This course helped me understand the various components of a successful facilitation. Not only did I learn the components that make a good start and closure, but also how to increase and decrease participation and elements for each attendee. If you want to understand facilitation, this is the course for you!” Greg Pitcher, Agile Coach
Co‐Operacy is an association of aligned facilitators and coaches who provide facilitation, coaching, mentoring and training for individuals, teams and organizations. Our vision is whole people, whole organizations, whole planet. We are committed to developing co‐operative and collaborative ways for people to work together through facilitation, consulting, coaching, mentoring and training.
Anne has co-authored four internationally published books; ‘The Zen of Groups’, ‘The Art of Facilitation’,‘Co‐Operacy – A New Way of Being at Work’ and ‘The Essence of Facilitation’.